Thursday 27 December 2007

Clear as mud...



Well, just checked the suppliers site to see if they provide details of their claims policies. The result: Nada. From experience though, most of the suppliers do not guarantee to provide back issues if the publication date is more than 90 days ago. I think I should therefore get 3 claims in before the 90 days is up so from the point of view of claims parameters I'm looking at 2 weeks past due date for the first claim, 6 weeks for the second claim, and 10 weeks for the 3rd claim... I can tweak that later if it doesn't work.

On the plus side, the supplier's site mentions that they provide Tables of Contents - I can't see any sign of this on my account so I've emailed them to activate this part of my account (not the first time functionality has been missing!). Tables of Contents could be really useful when I get to the point where I'm feeding current awareness to the library webpage...

No comments:

Post a Comment